Oturan Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oturan Online

The Official Forum of the naruto orpg, Oturan Online!

Welcome to Oturan Online
Hungry? Try checking out the Ramen Shop!
Please read the forum rules here!
Embrace the power of the Curse Mark! Check it out Here!

I forgot my password

Affiliates
I can help ALOT if this is a game made using BYOND! - Page 2 Mmorpg11
Free Domains Forwarding

Latest topics
» Hello everyone, again!
I can help ALOT if this is a game made using BYOND! - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 10:17 pm by radori

» Heyo, its a blast from the past
I can help ALOT if this is a game made using BYOND! - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 11:39 am by radori

» Christian Louboutin Flats
I can help ALOT if this is a game made using BYOND! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 3:07 am by cangliang

» Christian Louboutin Cheap
I can help ALOT if this is a game made using BYOND! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 3:06 am by cangliang

» Cheap Christian Louboutin Shoes
I can help ALOT if this is a game made using BYOND! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 3:05 am by cangliang

» Prada Belt
I can help ALOT if this is a game made using BYOND! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 3:23 am by cangliang

» Armani Belts
I can help ALOT if this is a game made using BYOND! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 3:22 am by cangliang

» gucci belt for men
I can help ALOT if this is a game made using BYOND! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 3:21 am by cangliang

You are not connected. Please login or register

I can help ALOT if this is a game made using BYOND!

+6
Unfading
Lost One
Nabajo Vianl
tonic41
Oturan
Sorarox123456
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

YoungCoco

YoungCoco
Veteran
Veteran

Anyway, short of the fact that this has turned into a heated debate in regards to how good BYOND is. The engine in use is still Eclipse.....version 2.6 or 3.0 or whatever. My advice is to learn the code and produce something small to Oturan regarding your assistance to the team.

Sorarox123456

Sorarox123456
Academy Student
Academy Student

YoungCoco wrote:Anyway, short of the fact that this has turned into a heated debate in regards to how good BYOND is. The engine in use is still Eclipse.....version 2.6 or 3.0 or whatever. My advice is to learn the code and produce something small to Oturan regarding your assistance to the team.
Well I didn't say we will REPLACE the eclipse version with byond... I'm saying we will AFFILIATE BOTH versions meaning We have a byond version of the game that has a link to the Eclipse version and no the eclipse version it has a link to the byond version because I have TONS of friends that are interested in this game and they don't know what eclipse is so if I make the byond version and put on the hub "Eclipse Version: (Eclipse version URL)" then it is a 90% chance they will come to the eclipse one Smile

YoungCoco

YoungCoco
Veteran
Veteran

Again, I'm not particularly literate regarding this sort of thing. I've never even been on BYOND and I've never coded myself.....it scrambles my brains and I end up with fried egg dripping from my orvices.

Do not think I am arguing about what is better or worse though. What you are suggesting sounds complicated to me BUT it may not to some of the others who know BYOND and are coders in general, like yourself and Oturan.

I personally think a single version of the game would be enough. If you have friends who are interested, ask them to join the community and check out what we are doing using the Eclipse engine. Although Amateurish to the MMO creation scene, two versions of one game, especially when the primary version is yet to be completed, sounds overly complicated in the long run.

If, however, you are thinking of displaying the Demo Version on BYOND after the eclipse version has been created, sort of as an advertisment to the full version, of which will still under production at that time, I would understand this implication as it is simpler to my thought procession.

Sorarox123456

Sorarox123456
Academy Student
Academy Student

YoungCoco wrote:Again, I'm not particularly literate regarding this sort of thing. I've never even been on BYOND and I've never coded myself.....it scrambles my brains and I end up with fried egg dripping from my orvices.

Do not think I am arguing about what is better or worse though. What you are suggesting sounds complicated to me BUT it may not to some of the others who know BYOND and are coders in general, like yourself and Oturan.

I personally think a single version of the game would be enough. If you have friends who are interested, ask them to join the community and check out what we are doing using the Eclipse engine. Although Amateurish to the MMO creation scene, two versions of one game, especially when the primary version is yet to be completed, sounds overly complicated in the long run.

If, however, you are thinking of displaying the Demo Version on BYOND after the eclipse version has been created, sort of as an advertisment to the full version, of which will still under production at that time, I would understand this implication as it is simpler to my thought procession.
Well my friends don't follow links to a game they think they won't like unless they have tried it before... but the only way to get them to join the Eclipse one is to have a byond version(which will take about a week) and like that to play it... my friends REALLY like my byond creations Smile

YoungCoco

YoungCoco
Veteran
Veteran

Wouls they be happy with the Demo Version, though, as an example of what to expect from the full feature expected for release at some point in the future. I really have to be honest, anybody who settles their heart on a single engine code, just because "it is something they have used before" and who generally cannot be assholed to try a game on an alternate engine OBVIOUSLY have no sense of what it may take to build a serious game with the possibility of keeping constant interest.

Fact is, although I have kept on saying that I do not know what BYOND can do etc etc, all I'm getting from you is constant BYOND BYOND BYOND. From what I know, BYOND is a basic and quite simple engine to use without the possibility of furtherance, whereas, Eclipse and Mirage consist of a higher quantity of option.

It has, however, already been decided on what engine is used. This game is not here to suit yourself and your friends, it is here to adhere to anyone who wishes to join the community and play the game for what it is. Your friends dont like it? We dont want them.

Sorarox123456

Sorarox123456
Academy Student
Academy Student

YoungCoco wrote:Wouls they be happy with the Demo Version, though, as an example of what to expect from the full feature expected for release at some point in the future. I really have to be honest, anybody who settles their heart on a single engine code, just because "it is something they have used before" and who generally cannot be assholed to try a game on an alternate engine OBVIOUSLY have no sense of what it may take to build a serious game with the possibility of keeping constant interest.

Fact is, although I have kept on saying that I do not know what BYOND can do etc etc, all I'm getting from you is constant BYOND BYOND BYOND. From what I know, BYOND is a basic and quite simple engine to use without the possibility of furtherance, whereas, Eclipse and Mirage consist of a higher quantity of option.

It has, however, already been decided on what engine is used. This game is not here to suit yourself and your friends, it is here to adhere to anyone who wishes to join the community and play the game for what it is. Your friends dont like it? We dont want them.
They would LOVE the demo... also BYOND may be basic and easy but has more options than you think... it's got about as much as Eclipse can do(I think) with tons of stuff like Admin verbs, Maps that can go on forever, Customizable Skins(the appearance of the window), Web browsers WHILE playing the game(a web browser that is ON the page of the game), Pop up menus, Title bar name changing, World Status changing and MANY MANY more!

Scipio

Scipio
Chuunin
Chuunin

You're friends probably won't get to play the demo you know, unless you pull a REAL d*** move and give them the Client when you get it.
The demo is being released, intended as a type of reward for those of us who have been here and been contributing.

http://datgai.webs.com

Sorarox123456

Sorarox123456
Academy Student
Academy Student

Scipio wrote:You're friends probably won't get to play the demo you know, unless you pull a REAL d*** move and give them the Client when you get it.
The demo is being released, intended as a type of reward for those of us who have been here and been contributing.
I meant the BYOND demo not the eclipse one! Didn't you listen? He said I was maybe going to work on a BYOND demo! I would never give something like the eclipse demo away!

Scipio

Scipio
Chuunin
Chuunin

I never said you said you would give away the Demo.
(Im just gonna say Demo cause there is only ONE VERSION of the game.)
I simply meant if the Demo was released to the active members and your friends wanted to play but aren't active, or even members, that you might give them the file so they can join in.
That would be f***ed up cause only the active members deserve a sneak peak.

Oturan

Oturan
Kage
Kage

Sorarox123456 wrote:
I meant the BYOND demo not the eclipse one! Didn't you listen? He said I was maybe going to work on a BYOND demo! I would never give something like the eclipse demo away!

Wait, who said that? Question

http://oturanonline.ultimaterpg.org

hahavis

hahavis
Genin
Genin

1. for oturan until it is clear that it wasn't you Very Happy : NO OTURAN HOW COULD YOU ?!? Oh this is too much ... I am becoming an emo ... Very Happy
2. to Sora : Didn't you see we all don't like byond ... how could anyone who hates byond tell you to make a demo of this great game there ? Think man Think ...

Scipio

Scipio
Chuunin
Chuunin

This conversation is going nowhere, it's causing tempers to flare and neither the majority of Oturan Online or Sora will give up.
Sora, there will be only one version, Eclipse, possibly Solar Eclipse in the future but no BYOND version.

*Locked*

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum