Oturan Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oturan Online

The Official Forum of the naruto orpg, Oturan Online!

Welcome to Oturan Online
Hungry? Try checking out the Ramen Shop!
Please read the forum rules here!
Embrace the power of the Curse Mark! Check it out Here!

I forgot my password

Affiliates
Sad news, but not so sad in the end. Mmorpg11
Free Domains Forwarding

Latest topics
» Hello everyone, again!
Sad news, but not so sad in the end. EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 10:17 pm by radori

» Heyo, its a blast from the past
Sad news, but not so sad in the end. EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 11:39 am by radori

» Christian Louboutin Flats
Sad news, but not so sad in the end. EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 3:07 am by cangliang

» Christian Louboutin Cheap
Sad news, but not so sad in the end. EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 3:06 am by cangliang

» Cheap Christian Louboutin Shoes
Sad news, but not so sad in the end. EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 3:05 am by cangliang

» Prada Belt
Sad news, but not so sad in the end. EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 3:23 am by cangliang

» Armani Belts
Sad news, but not so sad in the end. EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 3:22 am by cangliang

» gucci belt for men
Sad news, but not so sad in the end. EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 3:21 am by cangliang

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sad news, but not so sad in the end.

+6
Lost One
Ninjamouse1
hahavis
kenpachi
YoungCoco
Tydon
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Sad news, but not so sad in the end. Empty Sad news, but not so sad in the end. Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:46 pm

Tydon

Tydon
Kage
Kage

Yesterday, January 16, 2010.

Oturan gave me official ownership of his game in the making.

There were several reasons for this.

1. school

2. Inexperience, although he could have moved on slowly

3. He really didn't want to let you guys down. Even though we were all expecting a great game, he was unsure whether he could deliver it to us in the end.

So now I have control. We're going to take over the world. Brush

Okay all jokes aside, but the said statement is true nonetheless.

I'm really debating on what engine to use.

Me and Oturan both knew that Eclipse was a very sorry engine that would make the game lack what would be awesome. Things like simple clones are even hard to do because of the engines commands and what not.

In these following days, i'll be searching for my old programmer and/or someone new that might be willing to help.

I am no programmer by far, I hardly know a damn term for anything.

And I heard it takes much patience to even become decent in programming... like 1-2 years patient.

So that's what i'll be doing. Oturan will still be around, helping out with what he can, he just needs more time to get situated and figure school out for the most part.

and from my first day in the forums, i'm here to support him 100%.

I'll be taking on his account and all files that we already have.

Oturan is watching over all of us.

Let's not disappoint him!

2Sad news, but not so sad in the end. Empty Re: Sad news, but not so sad in the end. Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:50 pm

YoungCoco

YoungCoco
Veteran
Veteran

Must Say, I'm sorry to hear that. This was Oturans Project. But, it is good to know he left it in the hands of someone who I believe to be capable.

If we are talking about engines better than Eclipse, I would guess Mirage would be the next step up. But, that would mean a lengthier amount of time converting what has been donw onto it.

3Sad news, but not so sad in the end. Empty Re: Sad news, but not so sad in the end. Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:32 pm

kenpachi

kenpachi
Chuunin
Chuunin

tydon will you be in-charge of the game after its created or will oturan be incharge after

4Sad news, but not so sad in the end. Empty Re: Sad news, but not so sad in the end. Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:40 pm

hahavis

hahavis
Genin
Genin

sorry to hear that oturan and congrats tydon ...

5Sad news, but not so sad in the end. Empty Re: Sad news, but not so sad in the end. Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:01 pm

Ninjamouse1

Ninjamouse1
Veteran
Veteran

Wow, I'm kinda shocked by this. Congrats to you Tydon, I have confidence you'll do a great job!

6Sad news, but not so sad in the end. Empty Re: Sad news, but not so sad in the end. Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:45 pm

Lost One

Lost One
Genin
Genin

Yeah thats sad news.. You'll do fine anyways Tydon. Congrats

Edit: Is a demo still in order?

7Sad news, but not so sad in the end. Empty Re: Sad news, but not so sad in the end. Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:57 pm

radori

radori
Genin
Genin

Oh well I could understand Oturans point of view..
Good to see He left us in good hands though!
Congrats Tydon
O.K!

8Sad news, but not so sad in the end. Empty Re: Sad news, but not so sad in the end. Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:37 am

Tydon

Tydon
Kage
Kage

The demo is still being worked on. Everything regarding the project is in the same position. Only leadership roles have been swapped a little bit.

Oturan is still around, just he fears that he cannot do much at his level currently.

9Sad news, but not so sad in the end. Empty Re: Sad news, but not so sad in the end. Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:34 am

kenpachi

kenpachi
Chuunin
Chuunin

could you tell us who havepowers in this game
does scopio still a admin

10Sad news, but not so sad in the end. Empty Re: Sad news, but not so sad in the end. Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:00 pm

Nabajo Vianl

Nabajo Vianl
Veteran
Veteran

wow, thats a right shock Sad

to bad that Oturan isn't the owner anymore, the game was going on pretty well, although slow, but patience is needed in making a game.

but its great to see that he left his project to someone very capable, and that he is not leaving for good.

good luck Oturan/james with school and all,
and good luck Tydon with the owner/leadership role. make outran proud.

http://www.z6.invisionfree.com/H4X0R

11Sad news, but not so sad in the end. Empty Re: Sad news, but not so sad in the end. Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:36 pm

Ninjamouse1

Ninjamouse1
Veteran
Veteran

Yeah I was a bit shocked too, I knew it was coming but i expected a bit more warning than suddenly waking and reading it lol, it gave me quite a shock at first.

12Sad news, but not so sad in the end. Empty Re: Sad news, but not so sad in the end. Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:14 pm

Sorarox123456

Sorarox123456
Academy Student
Academy Student

Hey! I was thinking we should use BYOND! I code icon and map as the #2 coder and mapper out of top 5 AND I icon REALLY great I would love to help you with it!
How many BYOND games I made myself: 12

13Sad news, but not so sad in the end. Empty Re: Sad news, but not so sad in the end. Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:54 pm

Lost One

Lost One
Genin
Genin

.... I thought we had been through this, BYOND lags way too much. I cant even play BYOND games unless they are Aussie hosted. So get off it

14Sad news, but not so sad in the end. Empty Re: Sad news, but not so sad in the end. Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:31 pm

Scipio

Scipio
Chuunin
Chuunin

kenpachi wrote:could you tell us who havepowers in this game
does scopio still a admin
Yes I am, lol.

Also, Sora, I've asked you once before but I will ask again....please don't insite another debate over BYOND....
Tydon knows about BYOND and since he is now in charge if he wants to use BYOND, doubtful, he will. If not, he won't.

On topic: I am also glad to know that Oturan left it in your hands because of your experience with game creation....

http://datgai.webs.com

15Sad news, but not so sad in the end. Empty Re: Sad news, but not so sad in the end. Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:32 pm

Ninjamouse1

Ninjamouse1
Veteran
Veteran

Agreed, there was already, what was it? 3 topics that turned into discussions on BYOND all of which came to conclusion that it was a lag fest that nobody wished to use.

16Sad news, but not so sad in the end. Empty Re: Sad news, but not so sad in the end. Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:34 pm

Scipio

Scipio
Chuunin
Chuunin

All, might I add, were turned to a BYOND discussion by Sora....
Sorry if anyone views this post as a flame.

Oturan, good luck with school. You started something that will be huge, hopefully, lol.

http://datgai.webs.com

17Sad news, but not so sad in the end. Empty Re: Sad news, but not so sad in the end. Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:42 pm

Ninjamouse1

Ninjamouse1
Veteran
Veteran

No I'm sure nobody would see it as a flame, just making it perfectly clear that BY___ *Cuts off and starts choking* is never to be mentioned. The same goes for me, have good break knowing Oturan is in safe hands while you can focus more on your life.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]